We are a digital product studio fueled by people, inspired by dreams. We craft products and build companies that make life a little bit better.
About Fonk Amsterdam
Fonk.Amsterdam is an international and creative team of design driven product people, all working towards the goal of improving everyday life. We are on a mission to better the world with our creativity, expertise and an entrepreneurial mentality. We do this by making digital products for amazing partners ranging from startups to corporations, and from libraries to banks. Big and small, we love them all.
Fonk is looking for a skilled Java & Web Engineer that is passionate about creating robust, scalable, and secure systems. You will need good software engineering skills, solid interpersonal communication, and be able to give feedback on technical designs. You will be responsible for the technical design and development of our online services. You will need to collaborate with our top-notch designers and frontend developers.
Integration of user-facing elements developed by a frontend developers with server side logic
Building solid and reusable code
Be able to optimise of the application for maximum speed and scalability
Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Java 7+ with Spring (Boot)
- Understand accessibility and security compliant user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration (e.g. MongoDB, SQL, MySQL, Postgres)
- Deployment, scaling, and load balancing (e.g. Docker)
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing unit tests
- Ability to communicate in a professional way with our clients
Skills that are a plus:
NodeJS, python, ruby or any other (professional) web language
- Ability (and/or ambition) to lead a team
- Basic cryptography and digital signatures
- Working with Netflix OSS and Kubernetes
- Setup and administration of backups
- GitLab CI
What we offer
- A full-time (or part-time) job
- A chance to make the world a better place with projects that matter
- An international team of talented and fun individuals in a creatively stimulating and inspiring environment
- The best coffee of Amsterdam in a beautiful historical office near Westerpark
We highly value diversity at our company so we encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and of all walks of life to apply.
If you have questions please contact email@example.com.